Thursday, May 9, 2013

Apatosaurus

My husband loves dinosaurs so I am making him a plush apatosaurus, or brontosaurus as they are more commonly known. The pattern called for velour fabric, but I didn't have any so I repurposed an old pair of velour pants.

So far everything has been going smoothly, and velour doesn't fray, so it is relatively easy to cut. I have three more pieces to cut out, then I will sew it together with my sewing machine, add the stuffing, and stitch it shut by hand. I imagine it will turn out nice, and velour is the perfect fabric to use for this because it is so soft and fuzzy. My husband even said he will sleep with it when it is done!

Does anyone else have experience making plush? Please feel free to share, and add pictures if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment