Thursday, May 9, 2013

My First Blog Post

Welcome readers. This post is about me so we can get to know each other. My name is Alison, and I live in Portland, Oregon with my husband Jim. I am a stay at home wife, and an artist and crafter. I especially enjoy sewing and knitting, and I am currently working on two projects that I hope to share with you soon. I have one cat named Amber. She is quite mischievous and is always getting in to things.

I like anything art and craft related, and I also like to collect Blythe dolls and Teddy Bears. I love fashion, esp. vintage, and I read a lot of magazines and books. I started this blog for more than one reason. I want to share my craft projects with others, receive feedback, and exchange crafting tips and ideas. I am also looking forward to hearing from other women who also enjoy these pursuits, and hopefully developing some online friendships as I am home a lot, and often find myself craving some female companionship.

I love to read, and I am always on the lookout for new sewing and craft books. I like reading Mollie Makes, and Threads Magazine. What magazines or books are you reading right now? Do you recommend anything? Feel free to leave a comment, and I will most likely respond!

No comments:

Post a Comment